Events & Programs for Student Entrepreneurs
The startup community is a great place for students of all ages to begin developing an innovative mindset while getting a glimpse into entrepreneur life. This is our curated list of events and programs across Calgary’s ecosystem that are grooming the next generation of entrepreneurs.
- VentureQuest Business Idea Competition hosted by Bow Valley College for Bow Valley College students.
- Hunter Hub Silicon Valley Discovery Tour hosted by the University of Calgary for University of Calgary students.
- BIG IDEAS Hackathon hosted by the University of Calgary on March 2 & 3, 2018 for University of Calgary students.
- Mayor’s Youth Council Innovation Challenge hosted by Youth Central March 10 & 11, 2018 for grades 8-12.
- Girls Learning Code: Generative Art with Processing hosted by Canada Learning Code March 24, 2018 for grades 1-7.
- JMH $70,000 LaunchPad Pitch Competition hosted by Mount Royal University’s Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship on April 5 for Mount Royal University students. Applications close March 4, 2018.
- AccelerateAB hosted by The A100 on April 24 for entrepreneurs of all ages. Discounted student tickets available.
- The Summer Incubator Program hosted by the Hunter Hub for Entrepreneurial Thinking and the Faculty of Graduate Studies from May - August gives students the opportunity to spend their summer at The Inc, receiving valuable support to help them launch new ventures.
- INVENTURE$ Student Entrepreneur Track hosted by Alberta Innovates June 6-8, 2018 for post-secondary students and new grads. Applications close April 27, 2018.
- Startup Weekend Calgary hosted by Startup Calgary June 1-3, 2018 for entrepreneurs of all ages. Sign-up for your free Community Membership to be notified when tickets go on sale.
- Student Startup Symposium hosted by 150 Startups on June 6, 2018 for junior high and high school students.
- Student + Speaker Breakfast hosted by TEDxYYC on June 22, 2018 for students ages 17 and older. Applications close May 14, 2018.
- JMH $70,000 LaunchPad Pitch Competition - March 4, 2018
- INVENTURE$ Student Entrepreneur Track - April 27, 2018
- TEDxYYC Student + Speaker Breakfast - May 14, 2018
- Kids Code AB is a petition working to add coding to the K-12 curriculum.
- EvolveU is a non-profit education program to help address the skills gaps in the fast-growing digital economy for mature students. Produced ion partnership with Rainforest Alberta and Calgary Economic Development.
Do you know of a resource that should be added to this list? Please contact us.
Published on February 28, 2018