Hosted by Beakerhead
Beakerhead brings people together at the crossroads of art, science and engineering.
Year-round programming culminates in a five-day citywide spectacle with more than 60 events centred around delightfully bizarre engineered installations and artworks.
Who should attend? Everyone! It doesn't get any more inclusive than this. Social and cultural barriers, be gone.
145,000 people took part in 2017, with 2018 shaping up to be the biggest year yet!
Why? Because Creativity is Crucial.
When you throw open the doors to science and engineering through a welcoming world of art and entertainment, a lot can happen. Beakerhead's core purpose as a charity leads to outcomes that are important to individuals and society:
- You can reach your full potential, drawing on both your creative and rational abilities
- Ingenuity abounds when you undo the streaming that we all experienced in school. Now you can be a "creative type" andthink math is handy
- Student can reach their full potential and learn by doing
- The public experiences an increased affinity for science, engineering and art by the inclusive nature of Beakerhead
- Barriers between people and sectors of society are dismantled
- An economy is built on appreciation of diversity
- Most importantly, Beakerhead instigates action! You can't tell if you're on the right path when you're standing still!
- Beakerhead is a registered charity whose mandate is to advance education at the crossroads of art, science and engineering.