This event is hosted by University of Calgary’s Cumming School of Medicine.
Welcome to our Calgary Interprofessional Challenge event, offering participants a unique opportunity to collaborate, innovate, and create real-world solutions for better health in a cutting-edge setting, while connecting with like-minded peers and professionals from across the University and broader Alberta community.
This year’s challenge has been provided by the University of Calgary’s Cumming School of Medicine. You will have 48 hours to come up with a solution with your interdisciplinary team, then present to your peers and judges on the final day.
Friday, September 27: 4:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Saturday, September 28: 8:15 am – 8:00 pm
Sunday, September 29: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Teams may stay later on the Friday and Saturday to work, however it is not mandatory. Students must be available to participate all three days to be a part of CIC.
Who can participate:
Undergraduate students from the following University of Calgary faculties:
– Cumming School of Medicine
– Faculty of Arts
– School of Architecture, Planning, and Landscape
– Faculty of Kinesiology
– Faculty of Law
– Faculty of Nursing
– Faculty of Science
– Faculty of Social Work
– Haskayne School of Business
– Schulich School of Engineering
– Werklund School of Education
What do you get?
– T-shirts and other freebies
– Meals and snacks will be provided throughout the 48-hour competition
– Access to mini-talks, workshops, mentors, and pitch coaching
– A chance to work in a team with students from other faculties, and have your winning designs come to life
– Prizes for the winning teams