Hosted by Startup Calgary
Learn how to launch a startup... over the course of a weekend!
Join us for a fun-filled, hands-on, educational experience that will enable you to build, validate and launch your tech startup idea over the course of a weekend. Whether you're a hacker (developer), hustler (business/sales) or hipster (designer), there is something for you!
On the first evening, you'll either pitch or join a team around the top ideas. Throughout the course of the weekend, you'll work with your teams and coaches to validate and develop a prototype. You'll present your final product on Sunday evening for a panel of judges and fun startup awards.
For more detailed information, click here!
Why attend? Here's what you'll get out of it:
- Education: Startup Weekends are all about learning by doing, whether you’re learning a new skill or a new way of thinking. Don’t just listen to theory, build your own strategy and test it as you go.
- Co-Founder Dating: The people who come to Startup Weekend are serious about learning how to build and launch startups. Create relationships that last long past the weekend.
- Have Fun: During the weekend you’ll be working alongside awesome people who share your ideas. Startup Weekend is meant to be fun and entertaining, so enjoy it.
- Solve Local Problems with your Ideas: Do you think that one of your ideas can change your town or have a positive impact in your group of people? Bring your idea notebook with you and start making a positive change in your local community.
- Build Your Network: Startup Weekend works hard to recruit high quality, driven entrepreneurs- like you!
- Learn New Skills: With a whole weekend dedicated to letting your creative juices flow, Startup Weekends are perfect opportunities to work on a new platform, learn a new programming language or give marketing a try. With nothing to lose, there’s no reason not to step outside your comfort zone.
- Learn How to Launch a Business (and Actually Do It!):Startup Weekend is the epitome of Lean Startup Methodology.
- Mentorship: Local tech and startup leaders participate in Startup Weekends and give feedback to participants. Interact with the movers and shakers in your community.
- Get Access to Valuable Startup Resources: By participating in Startup Weekend, you are given instant access to great products and tools. No one leaves a Startup Weekend empty handed!
- Save Money: Startup Weekends are affordable (typically $99, we charge $75 and $45 for students). Your ticket includes 5 full meals, snacks, and beverages throughout the weekend!