Hosted by Startup Calgary
Join us for an exclusive presentation by Christian MacLean, Group Product Manager at Bazaarvoice, an Austin-based platform that helps brands and retailers find and reach consumers, and win them with the content they trust.
- 11:30 Lunch, registration & welcome
- 12:00 Presentation by Christian MacLean
- 12:40 Q & A with Christian
- 12:45 Wrap up
- What does scale actually mean - what does BIG actually mean?
- How does scale change your product thinking and testing?
- How do you sell new products to large companies?
- How do you pitch to large customers?
- How to break down your vision?
- Thoughts on marketing, etc.
- What’s the downside of scale?
- What different monetization opportunities come with scale (like selling data?)
About Christian MacLean:
Christian (a former Calgary resident, entrepreneur, and co-founder of Startup Calgary) leads Personalization and Shopper Advertising products at Bazaarvoice, a global Saas provider where each month, more than one-half billion consumers view and share consumer-generated content, such as ratings and reviews, curated photos, social posts and videos, for more than 5000 of the largest ecommerce sites on the internet.
Prior to to joining Bazaarvoice, Christian contributed as a Product Manager at Zappos (a 2 billion dollar, Amazon owned e-commerce website), Data Engineering and Analytics Product Manager at Wikia (the largest entertainment fan site in the world and a top 20 website by traffic).