Hosted by Osler
It is impossible to ignore the explosive growth in crypto-currencies and Blockchain-enabled means for capital raising. Increasingly, both start-ups and established high-growth tech companies are choosing to raise capital, enrich existing technology platforms or introduce new or novel businesses using Blockchain-enabled technology. Of equal significance is the growing investor interest in crypto-currencies and initial coin offerings. Given the rapid pace of change, it is no surprise that we are confronted with a myriad of significant questions relating to the economic, legal and regulatory framework associated with Blockchain-based investments.
The Osler Blockchain & Investment Summit will feature Blockchain technology, business and legal experts, and include interactive discussions on the future of Blockchain-enabled venture capital investing, the functionality of initial coin offerings and the opportunities and challenges facing Blockchain-based investment platforms and products. The Summit is for both tech entrepreneurs and capital markets professionals who are looking for a deeper dive into these subjects.
External Speakers include:
- Brett Bergmann, Co-Founder of Citizen Hex
- Frédéric Dionne, Founder and Chief Legal Officer of dubdub and Co-Developer of the Interactive Video and Experience Protocol
- Christian Lassonde, Founder and Managing Partner of Impression Ventures
- Boris Mann, Co-Founder, Frontier Foundry
- Bernd Petak, Northmark Ventures
Osler Speakers include:
- Andrew Aziz, Co-Chair: Investment Funds and Asset Management, Partner, Corporate
- Chad Bayne, Partner, Corporate
- Matias Milet, Partner, Taxation
- Blair Wiley, Partner, Corporate
Due to the national interest in this topic, the Summit will be linked by video conference across Osler’s Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal offices.
We hope that you can join us!